Sepp Blatter apologized to England and Mexico for the wrong calls, said goal line technology would be discussed in the future, but no instant replays.
I think it's a fair compromise. I'm in the camp that thinks that instant replays would slow the game. Right now, watching a soccer game takes an average of 2 hours (90 minutes plus added time and then 15-25 minutes halftime, depending on which leagues you watch).
If instant replays were introduced, then I'm sure an extra 5-10 minutes of extra time would have to be added to the game. And then would each team have a certain number of challenges? Wouldn't this slow down or lengthen a game that's already slowed down because of players faking injuries and lying on the ground too much?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades