Not only am I ecstatic that my favorite team moved on to the semifinals, but I'm also so excited to see a team that's not Brazil in the semis! Just like supporting the Yankees, rooting for Brazil was like rooting for gravity. No longer.
ESPN Writer Roger Bennet sums it up well: "Watching Brazil was akin to witnessing a bully crumpling after being punched for the very first time."
Nevertheless, despite all this Dutch awesome going around, why is no one mentioning how the Dutch themselves self-destructed offensively in the last 20 minutes of the game? Legitimate back-of-the-net scoring opportunities (I think I counted a 3 on 1 at one point) completely squandered.
Finally, Mr. van Marwijk. Please never start RVP again. He will lose the World Cup for you. He's slow, lacks imagination (he lost you about 3 or 4 scoring opportunities because he thought about it for too long), has Ronaldo's attitude with half the skill, and has the unfortunate potential to destroy the team off the field. Start Elia, please.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades