What's harder than returning Nadal's serve, hitting a Clemens fastball or tossing a Manning bros. level touchdown pass?
The scientist prove, no matter how you slice it, saving a penalty kick save in soccer may be the most improbable feat in all of sports. The numbers don't allow a goalkeeper any margin for error.
FIFA rules state that the World Cup finals could be determined in penalty kick shoot-outs, if a 90 minute game and two extra 15 minute periods end in a tie. Like yesterday's Japan-Paraguay game that ended in shoot-outs, it is most likely that almost every shot will go in. Japan was the only team to miss a PK.... and it wasn't saved by the keeper, but instead the crossbar. So, after 10 shots, neither keeper made a save.
As a goalkeeper that spent most of my young life training for these moments, it is a bit of an impossible task, but that's what makes a save that much sweeter.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades