This video demonstrates the production process of the Jabulani ball that will make its debut at the World Cup this year.
I'm somewhat of a skeptic when it comes to the advantages of a new ball. What's wrong with having a man made ball with slight differences? So much depends on the moment anyways in the sport that to bring technology into different areas of the sport seems like tiny steps into that ever looming 5th referee and instant replays that will take the human factor out of the sport. That said, it's fun to play with a new toy...
A friend of mine bought the ball and brought it to our pick-up game. The ball was more professional than the players and it was making us look worse than we already are. So we opted for our older champions league ball, which felt natural and was good to us.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades