Forum Thread: What's the most competitive group ?

So who has the toughest group coming into this thing?

US's Group C w/ England, Algeria, Slovenia?

Group G? Brazil, N Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal

2 Responses

Toughest in general? I'd say A, G, H and C.

Group A will be very interesting to watch. In my opinion all four teams will fight to the end: SA is fighting on their own soil, Mexico has been playing well for last couple of world cups, Uruguay was barely beaten by Argentina and France will headbutt its way out.

Group G, however, is less tough after Drogba injured his arm. Gives a great opportunity to Kalou, IMO.

I agree with MK, group A is the toughest, followed by Group G and E. 

That's right Amie, you didn't think of group E, did you now? ;) 

The Netherlands had no trouble making it into the WC, they were undefeated through the qualifiers. Denmark is another tough cookie with a solid team. Cameroon isn't pretty, but they do have a great and Japan is one of the strongest Asian teams. I think the Netherlands will dominate the group, but there will be a few surprises in my opinion.

Back to Group G: I'm so upset about Drogba being injured in their friendly against Japan (Chelsea saw about 5 of their players drop out of the competition due to injuries suffered during friendlies leading up to the WC, conspiracy theory anyone??). There's word out there that he might...he just might make it. He underwent surgery and hasn't been totally ruled out. But the fact that he's injured will lead everyone to think he's not as strong anymore and this mentality could affect his own teammates. Sucks!

Share Your Thoughts